Danish brand Ailefo was the first to introduce organic modelling clay in Europe, bringing parents a safe, non-toxic and natural option for this beloved form of childhood play!
Founded by mother and nurse Christiane Larsen, the aim of Ailefo was to create a modelling clay which was free from harmful ingredients that might be absorbed while playing, safe for the high number of children with allergies and would not harm the environment in its production.
Ailefo produces its wonderful organic modelling clay in a small factory on the beautiful island of Bornholm, Denmark to the highest standards of sustainability, allergy friendliness and Scandinavian design:
- Ailefo organic modelling clay contains 98% certified organic ingredients and more than 90% of ingredients are locally produced in Bornholm. The modelling clay does not contain perfume or parabens and all oils are tested free from perfume allergens. The modelling clay is plant based and food grade and does not contain nuts, traces of nuts, soy, eggs or dairy products. Please note it is not gluten-free.
- Ailefo’s packaging is environmentally friendly, including 100% recycled paper tubes, water-based glue and and food-grade PP plastic tubs which can be easily reused and recycled.
- The lovely natural colours of Ailefo are all created using natural dyes including blue-green algae, Blakeslea Trispora fungus, grass, red fruits and burnt sugar. The specially selected organic plant oils give an extra soft texture, which makes Ailefo easy for even the smallest hands to play and form shapes with and also protect the hands against dryness during play.
- Shelf life: unopened, 1,5 year from date of manufacture
- The oils in the clay transfer to the hands, and take good care of the skin during play. This is why the oils are reduced in the clay over time. You can extend the life of your modeling clay by kneading regular cooking oil into the clay. You can this once in a while, when you finish playing, put the clay back in the tub, and it is soft, revived and ready for next time.
This natural, organic material has endless potential to be used over and over in new ways, allowing children to be creative and express themselves. It can also be used in therapeutic play and fun learning.